Caroline County Public Schools
Code of Student Conduct
Dress Code Review:
1. The dress code is in effect while students are on school premises during regular school hours or at a school sponsored activity.
2. The dress code is in place to ensure a safe and orderly LEARNING environment.
3. All clothing should be neat and clean.
4. All students shall not wear clothing that is unduly revealing such as low cut tops, halters tops, tank tops, tops that leave a bare midriff, see-though tops, or spaghetti straps.
5. Tights, leggings, and stretch pants type bottoms must be worn with clothing long enough to cover the buttocks in both the front and back of the body.
6. Heavy coats and back packs must be kept in lockers during the school day.
7. The length of skirts and dresses should exceed 4 inches above the knee.
8. Shorts should be mid-thigh in length with an inseam of at least 4 inches.
9. All clothing should be hemmed, free of holes and with no torn edges.
If a student is in violation of the dress code, they will report to the office with a minor incident report. Parents will be contacted to bring in a change of clothes. Once the issue has been resolved, students will be returned to class. Repeated dress code violations will result in a disciplinary referral.
Thank you for your cooperation, support, and "Make a difference today and do it with PRIDE!!!"
Dress Code Revisited